Gymnastics: Partner Balance Formative Assessment Lesson Plan (Video Included Below)
A) Students will learn to safely execute 6 different partner balances
B) Create routine by choosing 4 of the 6 balances
C) Perform routines to class
1) We will review central idea and lines of inquiry
2) Revisit individual balances by practicing a few of them (bird, bridge, table, candle)
3) Students will be paired up
4) Discuss safety: How best can we ensure that we are safe while performing balances?
5) Using Smart Board, introduce partner balance pictures as exemplars.
6) Discuss key points such as strength and stability
7) Students practice each of these partner balances
8) Asking for feedback from peers/teacher stressed as very important in order to ensure that the balances are done properly
9) Students select 4 of the balances that they enjoyed the most and create a routine
10) Practice and refine
Formative Assessment Task
The students are required to draw their selected balances on the assessment sheet in the order that they will perform their routine. Space is provided for extra comments if they wish. Each pair must identify and show teacher their favorite balance. Teacher to take picture that will be included on a assessment sheet.
Lesson went very well. Was not able to perform the routines as we ran out of time. However, they will be able to use first part of next week's class to practice and perform.
Leave a Reply.
KAUST Faculty, Pedagogical Coach. Presenter & Workshop Leader.IB Educator. #RunYourLife podcast host.